NRG-5 organized a Special Session at the European Conference on Networks and Communications (EUCNC’ 2018) on 18-21 June 2018 in Ljubjana, Slovenia, to highlight the importance of 5G in the realization of the Smart Energy vertical. The Special Session was entitled “Unlocking the 5G potential for smart energy grids” and was chaired by the NRG-5 Coordinator Dr. Massimo Bertoncini.
Durring the Special Session the following papers were presented:
- Invited Talk: How Smart Energy grids may gain benefits from 5G: SUCCESS, RESERVE and SOGNO projects – G. Lipari (RTWH Aachen, GER);
- Invited Talk: 5G for smart energy grids – a use case oriented overview – M. Bertoncini (Engineering, ITA);
- 5G-Cognitive Drone System for Preventive Maintenance in Energy Infrastructures – N. Sanchez, J. M. Lalueza (Visiona, ES), A. Voulkidis (Power Operations Ltd., UK), T. Zahariadis (TEISTE, GR), D. Barthel, A. Frederic (ENGIE Ineo, FR);
- Smart Energy as a Service Network Architecture – T. Zahariadis, S.Voliotis, H.C. Leligou, P. Trakadas, (TEISTE, GR), M. R. Spada (Wind Tre S.P.A, IT), A. Gonos (OPTIMUM SA, GR);
- NRG-5: Synergies to Improve the 5G Ecosystem – M. R. Spada (Wind Tre S.P.A, IT), A. Corsi, G. Fiorentino (Engineering, IT), F. Rebecchi (Thales, FR).